Changing your eating behaviors can reduce the risk of having “Metabolic Syndrome
Metabolic Syndrome may cause you high risks for diabetes such as fat in the abdomen which later may lead to sugar metabolism disorder; apart from that, another effect come after could be high levels of blood sugar and blood pressure. Such conditions may contribute to more risks of coronary artery disease that impacts the brain
How can we tell if we are gaining high fat in the abdomen?
- Male waist Circumference for is over 90 cm. and for female is over 80 cm.
- High blood triglyceride level starts from 150 milligrams per deciliter or more.
- Male with Cholesterol level (HDL-C) lower than 40 milligrams per deciliter and female with lower than 50 milligrams per deciliter.
- High blood pressure starts from 130/85 mm Hg.
- High blood sugar level starts from 100 milligrams per deciliter or more.
Good nutrition can reduce fat in your body
- In order to lose weight and reduce the fat that impacts your waist circumference, controlling the food intake is recommended and to lower carbohydrate you should add more fiber to the body by having it at every meal; your dish should contain half of vegetables and quarter of low-fat meat.
- Control your blood sugar levels by choosing the unpolished rice and trying to avoid having desserts, cookies, cakes, ice cream, fruit juices, and soft drinks as your snack. Choosing the fruit that is not sweet with proper amount is recommended.
- Control lipid level in blood by avoiding fried, greasy and processed food.
- Control blood pressure levels by avoiding foods that are high in sodium such as condiments, frozen food, and snacks.
- Exercise should be performed at least 3-5 times per week for 30 minutes.
- In order to overcome obesity, be healthy and reduce the risk of various chronic diseases you must control your diet and exercise regularly.
Diabetes & Metabolic Center
Call +662-467-1111 ext. 1839
Phyathai 3 Hospital