Oral and dental health care both are as important as skin care or bathing as a result we may have to pay or priories more attention to it. As mentioned in the description since our teeth have only 2 sets and one set will never grow back when they are gone for that reason, brushing the teeth and be mindful about the dental / oral care is essential as both can certainly shine your good personality including preventing the body from health problems such as problems with the digestive system. Today, Phyathai 2 Hospital has given you how to take a good care of the oral and dental health condition as follows:
Things you should know about proper teeth brushing for good oral health
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day
- Brush the tongue and use dental floss daily
- Take time to brush your teeth at least 2-3 minutes
- Change the toothbrush in every 3 months
- Put the brush toward against the teeth, the tip of the bristles has to be on the marginal gingiva, lift the brush up about 45 degree.
- Brush up and down on the upper and lower teeth both internal and external side of the teeth and you may take longer time in an area where foods are assumed to be stuck in the teeth.
- The brush should be on the chewing food molar, brush up and down over both upper and lower teeth .
- Brushing your teeth in any position should take about 2-3 minutes or until you are sure that the areas are clean enough and then change to use dental floss to clean up each narrow gap between the teeth deeply. Firstly there may be some bleeding happen, but after using it for a little while the bleeding will become less.
- Brush your tongue every time after finish brushing your teeth make sure you get rid of food scraps stuck in the tongue observe it by making sure there is no white stain on the tongue; in fact some toothbrushes are designed for cleaning the tongue its tongue smooth cleaner is on the back side of the brush .
We should brush our teeth at least 2 times a day: in the morning and before going to bed. During our sleep that is time when germs and bacteria inside our mouth are majorly grow and develop if there is any food or waste stuck in the teeth or inside that will become a good source for accumulating or culturing a disease ; that is a reason why we all have bad breath in the morning including tooth decay. Moreover, it will be great if we have time to brush the teeth after lunch daily in order to reduce bad breath problems and enhance more professional personality that brings up more confidence throughout a day.
Brushing does not mean just cleaning the teeth it also indicates the brushing of the tongue as it is one of important organs in the body if the tongue is not cleaned properly food stain or bacteria will be accumulated and cause white spot which later will be a source that collect all bacteria to the body which leads to many diseases. Therefore, every time you brush the teeth you should brush the tongue so that taste sensory on it will always remain good.
At the same time, during the cleaning it is necessary to also utilize dental floss for deeper cleaning whereas inside your teeth it could possibly have food plaque or food scraps stuck in where toothbrush cannot reach this is for the most effective cleaning.
We should take time the brush each spot at least 2-3 minutes. For example, take time to brush your lower jaw teeth for about 2 minutes by brushing, rubbing back and forth until you are sure an area is clean then start brushing other spots as you already know that food stains may remain inside your mouth you should therefore pay attention to every brushing of every spot thoroughly.
We should change the toothbrush in every 3 months or every time we see the toothbrush starts to worn out because it also has a limited time for use. Good toothbrush should be soft with good shape and harmless while touching or scratching the gum.
When the toothbrush is used for a while, we will notice that the bristles start to bloom or worn out and old you will also start to feel pain while brushing the teeth and the base of the brush contains a lot of dirt. To protect your oral health it is important to change a new brush immediately.
Suggestion on how to brush your teeth properly
Dental Center Phyathai 2 Hospital
2nd floor, Building A
Tel. +662-617-2444, ext. 4221 - 3