The nasopharyngeal carcinoma is a disease that most found in males aged 40-50 or over; target group is those who smoke and drink alcohol heavily for a long time. Apart from risk behaviors, another cause of this disease can be certain types of virus stimulating to the body, however, to know about its insight, a specialized ENT clinic doctor, DR.Chantima Arayangkun has all information for you; when we start to understand the disease knowing to catch its signs in time then treatment will also be served faster.
Nasopharyngeal carcinoma basic symptoms
- Blood in phlegm
- Chronic tinnitus
- Lump in thoart
The growth stage of nasopharyngeal cancer
This nasal cancer has a growing stage like other types of cancer. The stage is divided into 4 phases as follows:
- Phase 1: Size of lump is small but not aggressively spread
- Phase 2: size of lump is larger and begins to spread within the tissues or organs
- Phase 3: The lump becomes larger and begins to spread into the tissue, connective organs including lymph nodes near cancerous tissues/organs
- Phase 4: The lump is very large and spread into the tissue or connective organs
As soon as there is any suspicious sign indicates the disease, doctor will start to examine the body as below:
- Examine the ENT system (hearing, breathing, throat)
- An endoscope can inspect or look for abnormalities from the lump inside the nose cavity the polyp or lump will be cut for biopsy
- Patient with a lump in throat doctor must cut out for biospy
- Physical examination
- Blood Test
- X-ray to classify the disease stage and provide treatment according to the stage
Treatment guidelines for nasopharyngeal cancer
There are 2 methods for treating nasal cancer
- Initial stage: during this stage chemotherapy and radiotherapy will be given
- Stage 3: Regarding enlarged cancerous lump, during this stage, patient will not be able to breathe comfortably as cancer has already spread to every part of the respiratory system surgery will be given.
Dangers that may occur when symptoms are untreated
If the patient ignores the symptoms letting its severity continue growing with no treatment a person may have a headache, blurred vision, nosebleed; moreover, if conditions are still untreated properly they may cause the pateint to the most dangerous stage called “Death”
Nasopharyngeal cancer protection
The best way to take care of your body is to avoid risk factors for cancer such as smoking or drinking.
When there are symptoms related to the disease, for instance, having blood in saliva or tinnitus constantly the best way of prevention is to have proper care from specialized doctor as the faster the more chances for pateints to be cured effectively.
ENT Clinic Doctor
ENT Center Phyathai 2 Hospital
Call +66-2617-2444 ext. 1235,1236