To evaluate and observe the symptoms following the direction below
- Read a patient’s consciousness by calling or waking up, for instance taping shoulders.
- Do a breathing observation by looking at the chest or stomach if it moves or feeling the breath from a nose by fingers, these can tell if a heart still working.
- Make sure there is no organ injury like wound or bleeding. If an injured person can talk about it, ask him or her about symptoms in which areas they feel pain.
- Next question is how high of falling, such as falling from a few floors or three meters from a tree etc. If an injured person falls from a position which is three times higher than his or her height means a person is in danger, according to a solidity of an affected surface like concrete water or ground.
- If the injured person can talk about it. Ask for any necessary information such as age, medical history and the cause of the fall, for example just a simple falling or wanting to commit suicide include being electrocuted.
How can you tell if the body got a bad injury from a side effect of falling?
These symptoms can be found from a fracture.
- If there is no pain means a chance of having fracture is very low, but that does not mean it is impossible. Some patients have a loss of sensation in that area, such as in spinal cord or brain.
- When bones are broken, there is bleeding from that area, which causes swelling. Sometimes it is not clear if the bones will be broken. Due to some bones locate deep in the tissue or joints when the fracture occurs that makes it hard to notice.
- Shape disorder also caused by fracture or knuckle.
- Joint injury occurs when an articulation can not be moved.
If you have any of the above symptoms please provide first aid as follows.
- Do not move the injured only when it occurs during insecure situation make a person lying on the board. For an emergency case that needs to turn a body’s person, make sure for head neck and body is in the same line, must be straight in the same way. Then move to a safe place. Wait until the rescuers arrive.
- When a person faints or having under or over breathing, lay a body down, make sure head is at a lower position of the body, and raise two legs up.
- Stop bleeding by pressing on an area with a clean piece of cotton.
- When you suspect that you may have a fracture. Start by using strong materials such as crutch. The organ of the injured person may be replaced by the other parts of a body, for example, if an arm is broken, make it tie to the body, or if the leg is broken, make it attach to the other leg, etc. To reduce pain and prevent broken bones from further damage to other tissues such as the vein.
People, who are not trained for a correct treatment do not try to move or figure things out by yourself, it may cause you a body deformation after.
- If the bones are broken and some parts jut, never press or force to put them back to positions due to some causes of infection. Bring some cleanest piece of bandages as possible to cover the area.
- Raise the injured area higher for a better circulation which reduces pain and swelling.
- In a case of casting do not allow the area to touch water. It may cause the skin perishable
- Use ice to reduce swelling and pain until taken to the hospital. Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Put a towel, piece of clothing or other material wraps on the ice before applying.
Accident and organ donation center
Phyathai 2 Hospital